- GDRCyc databases updated with MetaCyc v19.5 (4/14/16)
- GDR Newsletter October 2016 available (4/13/16)
- NCBI SRA RNASeq and GBS data summary pages available (04/12/16)
- Genome assembly and annotation of Black raspberry (Rubus occidentalis L.) available (04/01/16)
- New QTL, markers and genetic map data available (3/31/16)
- Species summary information contributed by community members available (3/31/16)
- 8th International Rosaceae Genomics Conference (RGC8) on June 21-24, 2016 in Angers, France (12/28/15)
- GDR Newsletter October 2015 available (10/13/15)
- A standard nomenclature for gene designation in the Rosaceae has been published in TGG (9/29/15)
- Genome Assembly of F. x ananassa and four wild species v1.0 available (9/10/15)
- New QTL, markers and genetic map data are available (9/7/15)
- Strawberry 90K SNP array data (Bassil et al. 2015) and apple 20K SNP array data (Bianco et al. 2014) available (8/10/15)
- XI International Annual Rubes and Ribes Conference held on June 21-24, 2015 in Asheville, NC, USA
Prunus persica genome V2.0.a1 available (3/18/15)
- Data Contributors page available (9/30/14)
- New QTL, markers, genetic map and genotype data from Rubus, apple, sweet cherry, rose and Malacomeles (9/1/14)
- RGC7 Abstracts are available (08/05/14)
7th International Rosaceae Genomics Conference(RGC7) held on June 24-26, 2014 in Seattle, Washington, USA (06/23/14)
Fragaria vesca Floral and Fruit RNA-seq data is available from GDR (GBrowse and JBrowse) and SGR (04/28/14)
GDR published in Nucleic Acids Research (11/03/1)
Seven new Sweet Cherry SNP linkage maps available in CMap (05/02/13)
New Search Site for Trait Loci (QTL/MTL) now available with updated data (05/02/13)
GDR now has a Twitter presence. Follow us and get all the latest news and updates as soon as they are available. If you don't have a twitter account, go to the GDR twitter home page, create a twitter account and choose to follow us.
Peach genome paper has been published. Nat Genet. 2013 Mar 24. doi: 10.1038/ng.2586. (03/24/13)
- Apple, Peach and Strawberry Cyc Pathways now available on GDR. (09/30/12)
- Gene Seach by GO, InterPro and KEGG available for Apple, Strawberry and Peach (09/30/12).
- Now available on GDR is a genome synteny comparision of Prunus persica (peach) assembly v1.0 vs Fragria vesca (strawberry) assembly v1.1 genome vs Malus x domestica (apple) assembly v1.0 - primary. The comparison is viewable using GBrowse-Syn on GDR (06/01/11)
- John Carlsons lab at Penn State has generated the first large-scale transcript data set for P. serotina (black cherry).
- Strawberry, peach and sweet cherry breeding data provided by the RosBREED project have been added to the Breeders toolbox.
- Apple primary pseudo-haplotype assembly available.
The Malus x domestica genome v1.0 pseudo haplotype assemblies are a set of four different assemblies (primary and alternates 1, 2 and 3) derived from the contigs of the original v1.0 assembly. These pseudo haplotypes are intended to divde overlapping contigs in the original assembly into four different consensus sequences representing the four different haplotypes present in the apple genome. However, these assemblies are not true haplotypes, hence the name "pseudo haplotypes". Currently, only the primary pseudo haplotype assembly is available on GDR. Gaps of 200,000 N's were used to space scaffolds in the assembly. These pseudo haplotype assembles were constructed at the Instituo Agrario Di San Michelle All'Adige in collaboration with NCBI.
For more information, downloads and GBrowse visualization see the apple genome project page.
- A Breeders Toolbox has been developed to provide browsing, searching and downloading of the RosBREED Apple and Tart Cherry Crop Reference Sets. This publicly available data set consists of phenotype and genotype data for 494 cultivars selected by the RosBREED Apple Breeding team of Jim Luby, Kate Evans and Susan Brown to provide a representative set of diversity for apple breeding studies, and 335 cultivars selected by the RosBREED Cherry Breeding team of Amy Iezzoni and Nnadozie Oraguzie. Peach, Sweet Cherry and Strawberry Crop Reference Set data will be available in the same format in the near future.
- Curated QTL data has been added to GDR for apple, cherry, peach and strawberry. The new QTL search site allows searching by QTL label, QTL symbol, trait name, trait category and taxon. Work is ongoing to collect more data from publications and authors and integrate it with other associated genetics and genomics data. Presented at ICG6, October 3, 2012.
- Sixth International Rosaceae Genomics Conference
- The Sixth International Rosaceae Genomics Conference will be hosted by the Edmund Mach Foundation and will be held in San Michele all’Adige in the province of Trento, Italy between the 30th September 2012 and the 4th October 2012. The conference will be held at the PalaRotary wine cantina and conference centre and will bring together the entire Rosaceous Genomics community, as well as incorporating the Fall meetings of the RosExec and RosIGI. All information for the conference can be found on the official website at www.rgc6.org.
- 2.1 Million apple SNPs available on GDR
- Approximately 2.1 Million SNPs for the Malus x domestica apple genome v1.0 are now available on GDR. These SNPs, developed from the RosBREED project are viewable in the Apple GBrowse aligned to the genome assembly and additionally in Excel files containing position and flanking sequences on the apple genome page.
- UCDavis 6K peach SNP available on GDR
- Approximately 6,000 peach SNPs were selected at UC Davis for two breeding populations: Pop DF ('Dr. Davis' × 'F8, 1-42') and Pop DG ('Dr. Davis' × 'Georgia Belle'). These SNPs are now available for viewing in GBrowse as well as an Excel spreadsheet available on the peach genome project page.
- IRSC release SNPs for apple 9K, peach 9K and cherry 6K SNP array.
- The International Rosaceae SNP Consortium today released the SNPs selected for inclusion on the illumina Infinium apple 9K, peach 9K and cherry 6K SNP arrays.
- Five new members elected to the 2012 RosEXEC Committee
- New U.S. members : David Byrne, Thomas Chao, Bob Curtis, Sook Jung, and Cameron Peace.
- New International Liasion members : Emily Buck and Lee Meisel.
- All incoming US members will serve a three-year term from January 2012 to January 2015 and the international liasion members will serve a two-year terms from from January 2012 to January 2014.
- Thanks to 2011 departing members Angela Baldo, Jim Hancock, Bryon Sosinski, Philip Stewart, David Chagne and Herman Silva for their excellent service. See the membership page for more details on the current and former USRosEXEC Committees.
- RosIGI Meeting to be held on Sunday, January 15th, 10 AM at PAG XX.
- A RosIGI meeting to be held at the annual PAG meeting, on Sunday, January 15th, 10 AM - 12 PM in the Dover Room. The meeting is open to all Rosaceae community members. It will be preceded directly by a RosEXEC meeting at the same location.
- GDR demo on Sunday Jan 15th 2012, 5.30 PM at PAG XX. Dr. Sook Jung will present a update to GDR (Breeders Toolbox, Apple/Peach/Strawberry GBrowse and GBrowse-Syn, QTL search site, RosBREED Illuminium Infinium SNPs) at the PAG XX Computer Demo Workshop Session (2), California room, on Sunday 15th at 5.30 pm. GDR will also be represented at the PAG XX, Plant Database Booth, come and see us and pick up our brochure and ask us any questions.
- Strawberry genome sequence and annotation available on GDR.
- International Consortium Publish Strawberry Genome in Nature Genetics.
- Congratulations to the International Strawberry Consortium led by Valdimir Shulaev and Kevin Folta for publishing the strawberry genome sequence in Nature Genetics. The sequence and annotation can be accessed at the PFR Strawberry Server.
- FruitBreedOmics project funded by the European Union.
- The European Union have funded the FruitBreedomics project led by Francois Laurens of INRA.
- GDR (Genome Database for Rosaceae): Building Resources for Translational Research in Rosaceae will be demonstrated by Dr. Sook Jung at 2.50 PM Saturday January 15th in the computer demo room at PAG. Please attend to find out more about the new data and functionality and exciting new developments in progress.
- RosIGI Meeting to be held at PAG, Sunday January 16, 2011, 10AM-12 PM in the Towne room, directly after the RosEXEC meeting.
- RosEXEC Meeting to be held at PAG, Sunday January 16, 2011, 8AM-10AM in the Towne room.
- Download the agenda. Download the minutes from last RosEXEC meeting.
- Seven new members elected to RosEXEC 2011. Welcome to Kate Evans, Mercy Olmstead, Janet Slovin, J.D. Swanson ,Vance Whitaker, Thomas Debener and Michela Troggio who were eleted to RosEXEC 2011 by the Rosaceae community. View all the members of the Rosaceae Genomics, Genetics and Breeding Executive Committee.
- RCG6 to be held in Trento Italy in 2012. The participants at RGC5 voted to hold the next International Rosaceae Genomics Conference in Trento, Italy in 2012. Hosted by Riccardo Velasco, dates and further information will be provided in the near future.
- Apple genome sequence and annotation available on GDR.
- Italian-led International consortium publish the apple genome sequence.
- The peach genome sequence was released on GDR on April 1st, 2010.
- Integrated apple genetic map; available in CMap.
- International Rosaceae SNP Consortium to hold SNP Summit in South Africa, November 13-14, 2010.
- 5th International Rosaceae Genomics Conference (RGC5) to be held in South Africa, November 14-17, 2010. For more details see the conference website at http://wwww.rcg5.co.za
- The peach genome is released on GDR, Phytozome and IGA. View the WSU press release.
- Ksenija Gasic, Amy Iezzoni, Jay Norelli, John Clark, Kevin Folta, David Chagne and Herman Silva elected to RosEXEC 2010.
- Fruit and Nut Workshop held Saturday, January 9, 8am-12.30pm at PAG 2010 in the Pacific Salon 3
- RosEXEC meeting held Sunday, January 10, 8am-10pm in the Towne Room at PAG 2010|
- Rosaceae Community RosBREED project funded by the 2009 Specialty Crop Research Initiative